Pages

Monday, December 15, 2014

Training before the Training Week 6 Recap

Goal mileage for 12/7 - 12/13: 25.9 miles
Actual mileage for 12/7 - 12/13: 26.06 miles (101% of goal)

Yay! Goal mileage met.  However, it wasn't easy.  I felt very sluggish and off all last week.  I'm sure it didn't help that I was on a business trip for the first half of the week and not eating my usual food, sitting 11 hours a day in a conference room. Three of the four runs also took place in the morning and I am not a big morning run person.  I feel like I don't have enough gas in the tank for morning runs.

I took Sunday off because I flew out that afternoon and my legs felt tired from Saturday's long run.  I was in Atlanta Sunday night - Wednesday afternoon and thought I could easily get a run in all three days since I didn't have family responsibilities.  WRONG.

Monday 12/8:  4.58 miles, 34:39 (7:34 pace).  I felt like a slug.  This run took place at 5:30 AM EST, which is 4:30 to my central time zone dwelling body.  I was thinking that since I was going to the eastern time zone, that it wouldn't be as dark in the morning, but neglected to take geography into account.  Point being - it was way early, and pitch black the entire run.  Atlanta isn't known for having smooth sidewalks people!

Tuesday 12/9: 4.64 miles, 35:01 (7:33 pace).  Lawdy I was TIR-ED.  This time I tried running AFTER my meetings and still was battling lack of light.  I really wanted to run at Lullwater on the Emory campus but it was NOT well lit so as the minutes went by and it got darker and darker, I gave up and went back to the hotel, even though I had wanted to do 6 miles. My shoes (Mizunos) felt like they were rubbing my right ankle in a weird spot. Since I was still away, I didn't make it to my usual Tuesday Power Yoga class.

Wednesday 12/10: 0 miles - I set my alarm to get in a run before my meetings, but slept through it.  ZONKED.  The good news is I flew back home Wednesday afternoon.

Friday 12/12: 5.62 miles, 40:24 (7:11 pace).  I headed out in my Mizunos and it still felt like my shoe was rubbing my ankle weird so I turned around to switch to my Asics. Although my pace was good, I still felt tired. (I know, I'm starting to sound like a broken record.) I'm starting to feel like I should give up on the Mizunos.  I have 58.01 miles on them and still am not the biggest fan.

Saturday 12/13: 11.22 miles, 1:22:55 (7:23 pace).  I am really proud of this run.  Whereas during last week Saturday's long run I felt great, this one was the complete opposite.  I had a bad attitude towards it before I even left my house.  I knew I had to get to 11 miles to meet the week's goal because every other run this week was shortchanged.  Even though it was only .75 miles more than last week's long run, 11 miles felt so LONG to me.  My thoughts were along the lines of "Why am I running a marathon again? I don't even like the marathon".  I ended up getting dressed and out the front door.  I did the first section of my planned route (~2.25 miles) and switched routes to running laps around the pond in our neighborhood so that I could bail early.  My legs felt so stiff and heavy.  I thought, "I just have to get to 6 miles.  I will quit at 6 miles".  And then 6 miles came and I thought, "I can do one more." and that was how it went until around 8.5 miles when a man walking his dog asked me "How far do you run in a day?" and I responded, "Today is my long day so I'm going 11 miles."  That was when I knew I would finish it.  Unfortunately my right ankle/foot area (same area that I have been having issues with) has been sore since.  Here is the mile by mile pace breakdown:

Mile 1: 7:26
Mile 2: 7:26
Mile 3: 7:31
Mile 4: 7:27
Mile 5: 7:21
Mile 6: 7:31
Mile 7: 7:24
Mile 8: 7:20
Mile 9: 7:18
Mile 10: 7:23
Mile 11: 7:16
Mile 12: 6.59


Last week's mileage put me over the 500 mile mark for the year!

Goal mileage for 12/14-12/20: 28.5 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment