Pages

Thursday, September 13, 2018

Madison Marathon Training: Week 8 Recap

Disclaimer:  I am running the Madison Marathon presented by SSM Health in November as a BibRave Pro, which means my entry fee was covered for me. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador) and check out BibRave.com to review, find, and write race reviews!  Wanna run Madison with me?  Enter code MMRAVE18 at registration for 10% off!

I'm still catching up on my training recaps so here is week 8.

Week 8 was ok.  Another week of lots happening all around me and trying to just get everything in.

Overall I am disappointed in my paces for my speed and tempo workouts.  On paper they look good but I am really forcing them, and still taking some stops during my tempo.  Is my body ever NOT going to feel tired?!  Waiting for a glimmer of hope here! 

Sunday Sept 2
Plan says:  Easy 6 miles

What I did:  6.51 miles, 55:25 (8:31 avg pace)  I was in NYC for this run and my husband's cousin and I were delighted to run in Central Park.  We circled the Jackie O Reservoir, had to consult the phone to find Strawberry Fields, and overall had a great run.  I love running in new places and Central Park did not disappoint.

Monday Sept 3
Plan says:  Off

What I did:  I took this day off as I was dead tired from our 36 hour trip to NYC.  The adrenaline had WORN OFF.  That and it was raining. 

Tuesday Sept 4
Plan says: 1.5 mile warm up, 3x1600m with 600m recovery, 1.5 mile cool down

What I did:  Now that I work from home (on my own business projects!), I don't have to get up as early in the morning to get my run in.  The only downside of this is that sometimes it is already hot out later in the morning and this Tuesday was no exception.  I managed to complete the workout but was a little disappointed in my mile paces.  I also was doing this by memory and thought the recovery was 400m, not 600m so I came up short on that.

1.5 mile warm up, 12:14 (8:09 avg pace)

1 mile 6:09 / 0.25 recovery 2:42 (10:51 avg pace)
1 mile 6:15 / 0.25 recovery 2:40 (10:40 avg pace)
1 mile 6:07 / 0.25 recovery 2:31 (10:05 avg pace)

1.5 mile cool down, 12:49 (8:33 avg pace)

Wednesday Sept 5
Plan says:  6 miles easy

What I did:  I tacked on a bit to this to make up for the mileage missed by doing 400m recoveries instead of 600m

6.35 miles, 55:51 (8:48 avg pace)

Thursday Sept 6
Plan says: 1.5 mile warm up, 7 miles tempo (6:52 goal), 1.5 mile cool down

What I did: I overslept and thus had to do this after work.  It was hot and I didn't have time to do the whole workout so I dove right into the tempo run.  I almost got the entire 7 in, but had to forgo the warm up and cool down.

6.87 miles, 46:45 (6:48 avg pace)

Friday Sept 7
Plan says: 10 miles, easy

What I did: 10 miles, 1:19:39 (7:58 avg pace)
For reasons that I do not understand, this run felt great.  Again, on Fridays, I am working from home so I get to start my runs a bit later in the morning (this one I began at 6 AM) and I am not rushing to get showered and to the office.  It is glorious.

Saturday Sept 8
Plan says: 10 miles, long run pace

What I did:  I wanted to make up some miles from skipping my warm up and cool down on tempo day.  We had a busy day of party prep ahead of us (this day was my daughter's birthday AND my wedding anniversary) so I was up at 5.  I paid a little bit for having my Friday run be a tad fast but my pace wa still in my long run pace window.

12.15 miles, 1:42:45 (8:27 avg pace)

Plan Total: 49 miles
What I did: 48.64 miles

1 comment:

  1. Acknowledges pertaining to giving these kinds of revolutionary information. My partner and i quite know an individual pertaining to master eating habits. Acknowledges pertaining to expressing this information. My partner and i basic planned to trust some sort of press as being a suggestion associated with blesss. Acknowledges pertaining to expressing this helpful traditional bank. A new well known weblog additionally striking infos in a very extricate dip, around in addition fetchings. bcaa singapore

    ReplyDelete