Pages

Monday, October 1, 2018

Madison Marathon Training: Week 11 Recap

Disclaimer:  I am running the Madison Marathon presented by SSM Health in November as a BibRave Pro, which means my entry fee was covered for me. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador) and check out BibRave.com to review, find, and write race reviews!  Wanna run Madison with me?  Enter code MMRAVE18 at registration for 10% off!

Week 11 was to be my first ever week in the 60+ weekly mileage territory.  To say I was a little freaked out was an understatement, but as with all marathon training, I just focused on each day at a time.  And I did it.  Logged every one of those 61 miles.  

Sunday Sept 23
Plan says:  Easy 8 miles

What I did:  8.1 miles, 1:08:49 (8:30 avg pace).

Monday Sept 24
Plan says:  1.5 mile warm up, 6 x 1 mile with 400m recovery at marathon pace minus 10 seconds, 1.5 mile cool down

What I did:  Overslept.  We had plans to watch my niece run cross country in the afternoon so there was no fitting this workout in given that I missed it in the morning.  I took my rest day a day early.

Tuesday Sept 25
Plan says: Off

What I did:  Mile repeats!  I am now in the "strength" section of the Hanson's marathon training plan.  This is all familiar to me - starting with the mile and work up to 3 mile repeats.  My goal for this section is to pace everything at a 6:37 mile pace.  I don't know if it was the rest day, if it was the cooler weather, the fact that last week I had to do mile repeats at a speedier pace, but I ran all of these way too fast and felt good doing it.  I've learned not to put a lot of stock in a single workout, good or bad, but I do think having a really good workout is good for confidence building. 

1.5 mile warm up, 12:32 (8:21 avg pace)

My miles were: 6:08, 6:10, 6:16, 6:12, 6:20, 6:20

1.5 mile cool down, 13:01 (8:37 avg pace)

Wednesday Sept 26
Plan says:  easy 7 miles

What I did:  switched my Thursday and Wednesday so I wouldn't have two big workouts in a row.
7 miles, 56:45 (8:06 avg pace)

Thursday Sept 27
Plan says: 1.5 mile warm up, 8 miles tempo, 1.5 miles cool down

What I did: Decent tempo run.  It was my last 8 mile tempo run - next week these get bumped up to 9.  The 8 mile tempo runs were good.  I actually got every single one of them in at/around goal marathon pace (6:52). 

1.5 miles, 13:13 (8:50 avg pace)
8 miles, 54:40 (6:50 avg pace)
1.5 miles, 12:47 (8:31 avg pace)

Friday Sept 28
Plan says:  easy 8 miles

What I did:  8.4 miles, 1:13:03 (8:42 avg pace)

Saturday Sept 29
Plan says:  long 16 miles

What I did:  The longest run you do on a Hanson's plan is 16 miles and you do 3 of them.  This was my first one and it went very well.  I felt good.  Overall I felt tired, but my legs had enough pep where this wasn't awful.  I took that as a good sign.

16.01 miles, 2:05:14 (7:49 avg pace)

Plan Total: 61 miles
What I did: 61.04 miles

SIXTY ONE MILES.  I am proud of this week.  We can do hard things!!

1 comment:

  1. Common bribes ineluctables homogeneous level to do something. This specific generate in your thoughts totally turn into specifically outstanding professionally whilst All of us repair almost any fortuitous so that you can sexual my weblog. best vitamin c gummies

    ReplyDelete