Pages

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Marathon Training Week 11

Last week was not good.  Likely my worst in all of these marathon training weeks.  It just figures that the winter that I decide to train for a marathon is the winter that I end up getting sick a record amount of times and the winter that I decide to get a new job.  Even in a relatively good situation, changing jobs is so anxiety provoking.  Unfortunately for me increased anxiety leads to decreased sleep.

Monday 3/9
Plan says: OPTIONAL Easy 3 miles

What I do: I was still very tired from last week's 20 miler so I opted out.

Total: 0 miles

Tuesday 3/10
Plan says: 1-2 miles warm up, 5 mile tempo run, 1-2 miles cool down

What I do: I had to make a speedy trip to New Orleans for work so I was in the office for 6 hours and then headed to the airport, arriving in NOLA around 6 PM. It was pouring rain and I was tired.

Total: 0 miles

Wednesday 3/11
Plan says: Rest or cross-train

What I do: I set my alarm to get up early and run.  I don't know about you, but I have FANTASIES of being alone in a hotel room with a king bed all to myself.  That was my reality Tuesday night and you know what? I had quite possibly the worst night of sleep ever.  It was also pouring outside so I was in the hotel fitness center on the treadmill where 8:00 pace felt like a dead sprint.  BLECK.

Total: 3 miles

Thursday 3/12
Plan says: Easy 7-8 miles

What I do: I brought clothes with me to work to get the speedworkout from Tuesday knocked out.  It was glorious.  1 mile warm up at 7:30, 5 tempo miles around 6:50-7:00 pace and 1 mile cool down at 7:30 in the sunshine and mud.

Total: 7 miles

Friday 3/13
Plan says:  Fun Workout

What I do: I always just write off everyday chasing after two kids as my "fun workout" and this week was no exception.  I started feeling icky on Friday (lots o' nausea) and thus wanted to save what ever energy I had for Saturday's long run.

Total: 0 miles

Saturday 3/14
Plan says: 16 miles

What I do: Go to urgent care.  Yep, overnight felt a lot worse.  Full on GI something or another. (No I'm not pregnant - they checked).  After napping basically all day (thank you to my mom and husband for kid duty), I went to bed at 7:30 PM and woke up at 6 AM, STILL TIRED.

Sunday 3/15
Plan says:  Rest

What I do: Rest.  I still wasn't feeling great, but better than Saturday.

Week 11 Total Mileage: 10 miles (PATHETIC)
Completed 2 of the 4 mandatory workouts.  

No comments:

Post a Comment