Pages

Thursday, October 27, 2016

I'm So Tired...I Haven't Slept A Wink

Wow.  I have been hit by a ton of bricks the past two days.  Tired.

Sunday night and Monday night were NOT great nights of sleep.  (Thank you 2 year old!)  I was able to suck it up and get my morning run in on Monday and Tuesday morning regardless.

Tuesday night I went to bed on the late side (9:45 pm for me), and I slept like crap, woke up to POURING rain and turned off my alarm.  Woke up late (6:15 am).  Wednesday was a day of the walking dead.  I kept thinking, "Am I getting sick? Please do not let me get sick."  (My 2 year old has a cold AND is very affectionate.)

Wednesday night I went to bed as normal (9:15 pm) and I slept well until our alarm system started beeping intermittently in the middle of the night.  I struggled to go back to sleep, eventually fell asleep, slept through my alarm, slept through the 2 year old coming into our bed at some point and DRAGGED my ass out of bed at 6:30.  Make that TWO mornings in a row that I have missed my workout.

I really just want to nap.

Every so often this happens to me - crash.  I have tried to be better about listening to my body and going to bed at a reasonable hour.  However, the number of uninterrupted nights of sleep that I have gotten in the past month can be counted on three fingers.

Hoping to make up one of my workouts tonight after kids are in bed and one tomorrow morning or Sunday morning.  Race day is 10 days away!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Well, better this happens now than next week. I think once you get a full good night you will feel much better.

    ReplyDelete