Tomorrow we leave for a long weekend in Chicago because I am running the Ram Racing BTN BIG10K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am very excited about this race as it has been one I have wanted to do for a while. Thankfully this year the timing worked out where we could combine our annual long weekend trip in Chicago with the kids and this race. The course looks great. We start and end in Grant park and get to have some lakeside running as well. When I lived in Chicago, oh TEN YEARS AGO, I loved running along Lake Michigan.
The BTN Big10K has a lot of perks:
1. Preferred start corrals: I was excited to qualify for a preferred start corral!
2. Early start time - 7 AM. Hopefully it won't be too hot!
3. Post Race Party featuring Big10 mascots! As a University of Wisconsin alum, my heart belongs to Bucky Badger. This was a big draw in getting my husband and kids to come as well!
4. Beer Me - Runners get a complimentary beer from Revolution Brewing and a free AmyLu sausage at the finish.
5. Live runner tracking - Live runner tracking is always SUPER helpful when you have people joining you to cheer you on. It is DOUBLE SUPER helpful when the spectators include children who may not always be into watching the race (ahem, my kids).
6. Lots of other runners! I know there is a Oiselle WI contingent, there are other BibRave Pros and my friend Erica is running with me! Erica and I met while training for the 2007 Boston Marathon.
I am running this after 6 weeks of the Hanson's Advanced Half Marathon training plan. Thus, I am TIRED. I adjusted a lot of my workouts this week to accomodate this race, but I still don't think I'll be running on fresh legs. This workout is replacing my 4 mile tempo run so I am hoping to at minimum run it at a 6:44 pace (my tempo pace).
Wish me luck!