Pages

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Another 5K For the Books

19:51

That was my time in the 5K I ran this morning.  I felt like I was dragging and had to fight for that time, even though it is 10 seconds slower than my 5K 2 weeks ago.

I wanted to win the race.  But there was a woman, in my age group, who put the hammer down and ran a 18:42. I was happy with 2nd place and the engraved rock that I took home to add to my rock from last year (where I took 2nd in my age group).  Last year I ran this race in 21:16 and took 2nd in my age group, was 26th overall and was 3rd female.  The winning female time last year was 20:45.  It was more competitive this year - I was still 2nd in my age group, 2nd female, and 17th overall even though I ran 1:24 faster.  

The most exciting thing about today was the my 4 year old daughter decided last minute to do the kids run and had a blast!  She spent the rest of the day playing road race.  (For real - she made all of us run laps around the house.  The kid crashed at 6:50 PM for bed.)  We immediately signed up for another race:  We'll see you at the Walleye Run in 2 weeks!  She will be doing the 1/3 mile kids run and I will be doing the 2 mile road race.  

Tomorrow is June 1.  Time to get with the running program.  My month of lollygagging is over!

No comments:

Post a Comment