Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2016

2017 Boston Marathon - Am I In?

Today the Boston Athletic Association (BAA) announced the registration dates and times for the 2017 Boston Marathon.  Fastest of the fast (20 mins+ faster than qualifying time) register on Monday September 12 at 10 AM EST.

My time was 3:31:49 so that would put me in the group that met their qualifying standard by 5 minutes or more that can register on Friday September 17.  I think 8:11 puts me in a safe distance of getting in, particularly since Boston 2016 was a tough race to requalify.  (This is a great blog which is attempting to analyze the time you need to beat to get into Boston 2017.  Currently it is 1 second off of qualifying standard.  Hello HOT spring races!)

I think i was at mile 20 of Boston 2016 (I would have to check with my pal @bx2fitgirl) when we both uttered "NEVER AGAIN" (potentially with a few f-bombs).

One should never trust thoughts or words uttered at mile 20 of a marathon.  AMIRIGHT?! (I went SEVEN YEARS without running a marathon after saying "I AM NEVER RUNNING ANOTHER MARATHON" mid race during Lakefront Marathon 2008.)

A growing part of me wants to return to Boston for a 3rd time.  I don't know that the reasons for this are healthy:  They totally stem from a place of unfinished business.

Another part of me is like "UGH.  Another WI winter spent marathon training."

A third part of me think my husband might divorce me if I utter "marathon training" again.  (Ok, a little dramatic...)

What to do, what to do.

I guess I have 73 days to decide.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm. Will you miss it if you don't? Is there another marathon that you've been wanting to experience that you could do instead- maybe later in the season? I'm sure you will figure it out before Sept!

    ReplyDelete