Pages

Monday, August 7, 2017

Product Review: Knuckle Lights Colors


Product: Knuckle Lights Colors

Disclaimer:  I received a set of Knuckle Lights Colors to review as part of being a BibRave Pro.  Learn more about becoming a BibRavePro (ambassador) and check out BibRave.com to review, find and write race reviews.

I bought my first pair of Knuckle Lights in late 2014 and they have been a staple of my running ever since, particularly through the dark winter days and nights.  They have made numerous appearances during my training recaps over the years.  I was super excited to be able to test out an updated version as part of this BibRave Pro campaign.  I was sent the Knuckle Lights colors.  Because I am boring, I selected the black ones, but they have a fun hot pink and pretty blue to choose from as well.

So what are knuckle lights?  They are small hand-held lights that are designed to wear over your hand with minimal discomfort to help you see during dark runs.  The strap is made out of silicone and is adjustable so you don't have to focus on actually gripping them while you run.  The button to power them on/off is right where your thumb rests so you can easily click and go.  They weight less than 3 oz each.  I am someone who does not like carrying things while I run, and these do not bother me. The lights have a magnetic center which helps with storage AND also is a nice feature during morning runs where you may need them to start but not need them as the run progresses and the sun rises.  I like to switch them off, and hold them in one hand for the remainder.



Together, the lights provide 120 Lumens of light.  Don't know what a Lumen is? HA! Me either.  I know that I have used these for the mornings that aren't quite light enough recently AND have used them for training for a marathon in the dead of winter when your entire morning run is in pitch black. LOVE THEM in both situations.


Speaking of winter running, while we aren't dealing with cold right now in WI, I can also attest that the lights' claim to work in -20 Celsius weather is legit.  AND THEY ARE WATERPROOF! Each light in the Knuckle Lights Colors runs on 1 AA battery (included with the set).

Each set has a FIVE YEAR limited warranty.  FIVE YEARS.  (My original set is almost three years old and is still kicking!).

A set of Knuckle Lights colors is $39.99 on their website.  Use the code BRKL2017 to get 15% off (expires 9/1) on their website.

It sounds kind of weird, but I have gotten a lot of compliments on Knuckle Lights from people who are out in the wee hours walking around my neighborhood!  They are "hand"y. :)

*Note: Ok, I couldn't leave you hanging.  I Googled "Lumen".  Lumens equal brightness.  Watts (a term I was familiar with in regard to lighting) refer to energy use, not output.  More here.

No comments:

Post a Comment