Pages

Friday, March 23, 2018

Website Spotlight: Athlinks

Disclaimer: I am promoting Athlinks as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review, find and write race reviews!

Last year, I was contacted by Athlinks to be featured on their blog.  I was excited as I have used Athlinks since 2005 to track my race results.  You can read their profile of me here.

What is Athlinks?  It is the "largest results database for competitive endurance athletes in the world".

If you are not familiar with this website, you create a profile and then can keep track of all of your race results in one easy place.  Your dashboard will look like this:


All of your PRs are at the top for easy tracking.

If you click on the Results link, a list of your races, in reverse chronological order is presented with information about your time, average pace, age group placing, overall placing and gender placing.

While I have used the results tracking portion of the website for several years, this year I am trying out the Upcoming Events feature where you can enter a race on your calendar in the future and then track other Athlinks friends who are running.  You can also enter a goal time for the race.  I like this feature because then I don't have to remember to go back into the website post-race to get my results uploaded.

As a new user, it is really easy to add a bunch of results all at once using the search bar at the top - the website will search based on your name, birth year and location and bring back race results that you can simply click on to add to your profile.  It's a nice historical view of your racing in minutes!  My races go back to 2001 which is really fun too see the improvement over time in my race times!

If you prefer, Athlinks also has an app for your phone!

Have you used Athlinks before?  Feel free to add me as a friend!  

No comments:

Post a Comment