Pages

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Training before the Training Week 3 Recap

Goal mileage for 11/16 - 11/22: 21.4 miles
Actual mileage for 11/16 - 11/22: 22.52 miles

Another good week!

And now it's time for a breakdown (never gonna get it never gonna get it...name that tune.)

Sunday 11/16: 5.14 mi, 37:11 minutes (7:14 pace).  First run in the snow!  It was a little slippery, but not too bad.  I was/am not mentally prepared for the fact that winter running has already started.

Tuesday 11/18: 1 hour Power Yoga and 5.01 mi, 37:21 minutes (7:30 pace) on the treadmill.  The dreadmill wasn't too bad because I listened to music, which I only do indoors.  Turns out I can run ok on a treadmill if I have Flo Rida blaring in my ear.

Friday 11/21: 5.33 mi, 40:00 minutes (7:30 pace).  I had wanted to get outside for this run but it was 5 degrees and very windy that morning so the dreadmill it was.  Thankfully last week's Serial podcast got me through.  I ordered a foam roller and started using it post-run.  My most painful spots are my quads and IT bands.

Saturday 11/22: 7.04 mi, 52:05 minutes (7:24 pace).  This was more of a struggle for me even though generally the weather was ok.  Again I was aiming for 7:30 pace

Mile 1: 7:24
Mile 2: 7:21
Mile 3: 7:28
Mile 4: 7:31
Mile 5: 7:25
Mile 6: 7:30
Mile 7: 7:08
Mile 8: 7:16
I definitely am jumpy when I start a long run, nervous even.  Thankfully after a few miles, I can settle in.  More foam rolling after this run!

Sunday, Tuesday and Friday runs were done in my Mizunos (new shoes) without any problems!  I still like wearing my cushy Asiscs for long runs.  

I was excited to get the Lauren Fleshman Believe training journal in the mail last night.  We had already finished all of the Picky Bars that were delievered weeks ago (both my husband and I loved them).  I am going to start using this Week 1 of marathon training, which starts Dec 28 (1 month away! Eek!). I like my Garmin and feel it makes the training log easy but I don't like having to manually enter the treadmill runs into the online interface and usually write them down on a slip of paper afterwards anyways.  Also, I have to check this site to even remember what my goal mileages are.  Call me old-fashioned, but I love paper and pencil.  (Yes, I do still use a paper calendar/planner!)  I also like that the book will be around should either of my kids get into running.  (Because I just said that, neither of them will!)

Goal mileage for 11/23 - 11/27: 23.6 miles  
Thanksgiving week!  Could be problematic or it could be easy to get runs in due to holiday time away from work!

No comments:

Post a Comment