Pages

Sunday, July 22, 2018

Product Review: NuGo Egg White Protein Bars


Product Review:  NuGo Egg White Protein Bars

Disclaimer: I received 12 NuGo bars in 4 flavors to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!

One habit that I incorporated into my marathon training last cycle was eating something right after my run with protein.  (Something that is also recommended in the book Roar which I am reading right now.)  I felt that this habit went a long way in my recovery during training.  The easiest thing to eat right after a run is some type of bar and I have now incorporated the NuGo egg white protein bar into my rotation.  I usually keep the bar right on my porch to make it really easy to remember to eat something, as I am not naturally immediately hungry after a run.

Post run Peanut Butter NuGo Bar!

The NuGo Egg White Protein bars have 12-14 grams of protein per bar, depending on the flavor.  I tried all four flavors that are available:  Maple Pecan, Peanut Butter, Chocolate Sea Salt and Blueberry (and yes, those are arranged in order of my preference!).  The bars have 180-200 calories (again, depending on flavor).

I do not follow any specific diet, but the bars are certified gluten free, paleo and OU Kosher Pareve.

I also like keeping a stash in my office drawer for a mid-morning or mid-afternoon snack.  I was having fun picking the flavor to match my outfit for a few days :)

Blue outfit = Blueberry NuGo

Orange outfit = Peanut Butter NuGo

As I get back into marathon training, I am having a little difficulty returning to the habit of eating something right afterwards so I am again putting NuGo bars on my porch as I can't deny the benefit of that post-run protein!


Now, if I could only get my bedtime back to 9 PM!  #babysteps

The biggest thing that I can say about the NuGo bars that I was sent to test is that I didn't share any with my kids - so you know I really liked them ;)

Want to try NuGo Bars?  Of course I have a discount for you!  If you go to their website and use code BIBRAVE, you can get 15% off your purchase.  This code will expire 8/3/18.

Do you eat something right after your run?  What is it? I'd love to know!

1 comment: