Product Review: Under Armour HOVR Sonic Running Shoes
Disclaimer: I received a pair of the Under Armour HOVR Sonic shoes to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!
I love getting to test new running shoes (who doesn't?!)! I liked my experience testing the Under Armour HOVR Sonics a few months ago so when the opportunity presented itself to try them again, I said YES! Getting new shoes on my doorstep was a great way to kick of another cycle of marathon training!
This time, I received the lovely blue color, Static Blue:
|UA HOVR Sonic in Static Blue (303) / Ghost Gray|
- "Zero-gravity feel" - The HOVR technology aims to improve energy return and eliminate impact. This is one of my favorite features of this shoe. I have morphed into the runner who has specific shoes for different workouts. I save my HOVR Sonics for my speed work days because I like their responsivity. No joke - I burned through 12 400m repeats on Monday in them!
|Coming in strong from 400m repeats in my HOVR Sonics!|
- Soft knit upper. I really liked how this shoe wrapped around my foot and was not structured. More and more I am liking shoes with a soft knit upper. If they get wet, they dry fast and they overall just feel more comfortable on my lovely bunioned feet :)
- Ventilated midfoot panel. My feet have never gotten overly sweaty or hot in these shoe. I think the shoe just looks pretty from the side view!
|Look at those pretty shoes!!|
Other things to note:
- Under Armour labels this a NEUTRAL shoe, which is the shoe type that I always get.
- There is an 8mm offset, which is in my ideal range
- It weighs 8 oz
- These shoes are reasonably priced. The unconnected version, which is the version I am wearing now, are $100.
This go-round, I have also worn them for my "long runs" which are currently in the 8 mile range. They have held up nicely and I really like that no lace or tongue pieces are digging into the top of my foot, something I pay particular attention to after my metatarsal stress fracture in 2016.
|Apparently I have a lot of blue running clothes to match to my shoes!|
You can check out more about the shoes on the Under Armour website.
If you want to read some more reviews of the HOVR Sonic, check out these reviews from my fellow BRPs:
Like me, Karen also liked the custom fit of the upper and tongue portions of the shoe. She even took them out on the trails!
My fellow Grandma's Marathoner, Amy : Not only do we share a name, we share a love of the UA HOVR Sonic :)
Have you tried Under Armour HOVR Sonics?