Pages

Monday, February 23, 2015

Marathon Training Week 8 Review

Things get worse before they get better, right?   I am hoping so.  I only ran 2 times last week.  I have not been sleeping very well, spending the hours between midnight and 4 AM reading magazines or tossing and turning.

I resigned from my job earlier this month after accepting another offer.  May 1 would be my 8 year anniversary at my current job so it's quite a change up.  It's been very crazy at my office this year and my resignation is only adding to it so although I am really excited about the new position, ramping down at my current job has been very stressful and my running has suffered!

Also, can the temperature please stay above zero for more than a day? I finally got outside Saturday but today it is -4 again.

Monday 2/16
Plan says: Optional 3 miles

What I do: Nothing

Tuesday 2/17
Plan says: Easy 7 miles

What I do:  Easy 7 miles on the treadmill at 8:00 pace.

I had to say goodbye to my Tuesday lunch power yoga class (which is through my benefits office at my current job).  Looking to fill that gap soon!

Wednesday 2/18
Plan says: Rest or cross-train

What I do: Rest

Thursday 2/19
Plan says: Easy 8-10 miles

What I do: 0 miles

Friday 2/20
Plan says:  Easy 3 miles

What I do: 0 miles

Saturday 2/21
Plan says: 16 miles, mid 10 miles at race pace

What I do: I had wanted to do 18 miles because i have been going shorter than the plan dictates for my long runs the last few weeks.  My birthday was this day so we had lots of fun activities throughout the day that I had to work around - with no 3+ hour chunk of time free so I tried splitting the long run.

First run: 10 miles, 1:10:57 (7:06 pace) Outside!
4 hour time gap
Second run: 8 miles, 1:03:31 (7:56 pace) Treadmill

Total: 18 miles, 2:14:28 (7:27 pace)

Splitting the long run is way easier than running the whole thing at one time. (Newsflash!) My legs did not really feel that tired on the 2nd part, but I was running post birthday dinner, with cake and a beer.  Optimal conditions. ha ha ha

Sunday 2/22
Plan says:  Rest

What I do:  I toyed with the idea of making up Thursday's workout here but then the day really got away from me as we were trying to pack for our vacation!  Next week my miles will all be done in (hopefully) sunny FL!!!!

Week 8 Total Mileage:  25 miles
Completed 2 of the 4 mandatory workouts.  WOMP WOMP

No comments:

Post a Comment