Pages

Monday, May 2, 2016

Strong Finish to April!

First week of summer training went really well.  I started off the week with two "easy" thirty minute runs.  I ended up running slightly over 30 minutes just to make them each an even 4 miles. First run was 32:15 (8:05 avg pace) and the next day my 4 miler took me 31:28 (7:51 avg pace).

Friday night I was up for a speed workout.  I had to do my workout at night because I had an early morning work meeting so I was out after my son was sleeping.  I needed to do a 2 mile warm up, 8 x 30 seconds at 5K pace (for me, aiming for 6:00 miles), with 90 seconds of jogging in between and a 1-2 mile cooldown.

I was a little fast on my 30 second spurts.  My paces for all of them were:
 5:35, 5:58, 5:58, 6:43, 5:26, 5:26, 5:45, 5:37

(I have no idea what was going on with the 6:43.)  I felt really smooth and great.  My warm up and cool down were also fast (7:28 avg pace for warm up; 7:16 for cool down).

I felt good though so I didn't worry about it.

I had 6 miles up for Saturday and given our schedule for the day, I had to do this in the morning, almost 12 hours after my Friday night workout.  I still felt great.  I was supposed to do 3 easy miles followed by 3 moderate miles.  My splits were: 7:22, 7:29, 7:28, 7:01, 6:51, 6:47.

I'm not going to lie.  I had moments on Friday and Saturday where my mind went to, "Why couldn't I have felt like this in Boston?!" For the most part, I'm past it.  :)

Dedicating 43 minutes to running on a Saturday is so much easier after months of dedicating 2+ hours!

Weekly Mileage Total: 20.18

Also, we are at the end of another month!  My April mileage was 99.03, which is down 4.6% from last  year's April.  Part of this is because last year, my spring marathon was in May.

January - April 2016 miles total: 562.13
I am still 131.55 miles ahead of last  year with my running this year.

I am looking forward to May - the weather is improving and I have a 5K on the schedule.  I am also doing the Whole30 diet for the month of May.  More on that in an upcoming post!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome- your week sounds a lot like mine! I think that for the 30-second intervals the Garmin can't be fully accurate so that's probably why you got that one inconsistent reading. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete