Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

The best laid plans

Day 1 (yesterday) of half marathon training went swimmingly, despite the fact that I didn't wake up from my alarm because I had spent 3/4 of the night tossing and turning after getting up with my daughter in the middle of the night.

No matter.  I got home from work at 4 PM and did a nice 4 mile run with 6 stride outs after AND got dinner on the table before my husband was home with the kids.

SHAZAM.

Day 2 not so great.  My son woke up at 3:15 AM barking like a seal and gasping for breath.  I took him to the ED.  He was diagnosed with croup and we had to stay there for observation after the breathing treatment and steroids.  We arrived back home at 7 AM...just in time for me to shower and get to my daughter's meet the teacher date at 8:15AM and then to work.

OH>MY>GOD am I tired.  I don't do well on one night of little sleep, but two in a row and my eyeballs are twitching and I am semi-hallucinating.

Needless to say, I am already switching Friday's rest day to Today.

And hopefully going to bed at 7PM.

#EyesOnThePrize

No comments:

Post a Comment