Pages

Thursday, September 1, 2016

August Mileage Recap

AHHH! It's September!  My oldest started kindergarten today!

My total mileage for August was: 66.85 miles.

Still on the low end.  This was 7.6% lower than August 2015 mileage, so for the past three months, I have been in the negative in terms of percent change.  Good thing I had a strong first 5 months of the year because I am still 97.5 miles ahead of last year at this time.  I think 10 weeks of half marathon training will secure the notion that 2016 mileage > 2015 mileage (barring any injuries, of course).

However, on the plus side, August's mileage was more than double that of July!  So we are heading in the right direction, folks!

I rebounded nicely from Tuesday's debacle.   I went to bed at 7:45 PM on Tuesday night and slept until 6:15 Wednesday morning.  Yesterday my kids were at their grandma's house so I had an hour in between when I got home from work and when they got home which allowed me to do my fartlek workout in some nice sunny skies.  It was a difficult one - I felt so sluggish from the first step to the last, but it was done.

This morning I got up and did an easy recovery run in the dark with my knuckle lights.  The air was nice and cool but I am not ready to have most of my runs occurring in the dark.  The good news is that with school schedule, I HAVE to get my run in in the morning.  I have lost a bit of the flexibility I once had.  So far, I have been doing great with getting up and heading out the door in the wee hours of the morning. Time will tell!

How was your August mileage?

No comments:

Post a Comment