Pages

Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Half Marathon Training Week 1: Done

I survived my first week of half marathon training.  Hooray!  It was a little rough getting back into a training plan particularly because last week was also busy with my oldest's first day of school and her 6th birthday party.

The training plan that I am following is one that Kara Goucher made for Oiselle Volee members. It is 10 weeks long and there are 5 running days, 1 cross train or off day and 1 day fully off.  I am aiming to do all 5 running days, with two days off, to see if I can swing this (previously I have done 4 running days).

The plan isn't very different from other plans I have followed:  Saturday is long run, Wednesday is a speed workout and all other runs are 3-6 miles.  Some days also have strides and core. I was able to get the speed workout done (fartlek), the long run (5 miles) and two of the 3-6 miles days last week.  That is 4 days out of the 5 I am aiming to do.  On a super busy week, I'll take it.

I can tell I am out of shape.  Most of the workouts feel hard - or maybe that is just because I am doing most of them at 5 AM in the dark.  Womp womp.

1 week down, 9 to go!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! The journey begins. It's awesome that you have a plan by Kara Goucher. It will be fun to try something different.

    ReplyDelete