Pages

Friday, September 30, 2016

September Mileage Recap + Friday Links!

I'm so tired, I mistakenly ran on a rest day.  HA!  True story.

My alarm went off this morning at 5 and I hazily thought, "I'm going to sleep in today."  Then my mind got going and I was like, "I can't skip today or I won't hit 5 days this week!"

So out of bed I popped.

Once I was fully awake, I realized that today was my 4th day running this week.  I have a race tomorrow and a long run Sunday which puts me on track to run SIX days this week! WOAH NELLY!

Today is also the last day of September which means it's time for a monthly mileage check-in.

September Mileage Total: 96.1

This is 41.03% MORE miles than September of last year!!!! After 3 months of falling short of my 2015 mileage, I am back on the positive side!  I also hit the 900 miles mark for year-to-date mileage this month, putting me 138.53 miles ahead of last year at this time!  Celebrate good times, COME ON!  (Sorry if you have that song stuck in your head for the rest of the day!)

Friday Links!

I read a lot of stuff this week...and I didn't keep track of the links as I usually do. DAMN!  Here is a sprinkling of what I read and what I was inspired by this week.  TGIF!

25 Famous Women on Overcoming Rejection

The Real Running Photoshoot
I love the new Oiselle #realrunning campaign!  Search the hashtag on Instagram!

Steph Bruce's Long Awaited Return to the Marathon
"The marathon is like a machine. It doesn’t give, it doesn’t break. You have to beat the marathon, and in order to do that you have to stand in front of it and say you’re willing to go through a lot of pain to achieve your goals."

Mile Markers: Choosing Your Hat
Kristin Armstrong always has powerful words, in my opinion.


No comments:

Post a Comment