Pages

Monday, February 13, 2017

Cellcom Green Bay Marathon Training Week 4 Recap

I am here to say that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.  I finally started to kick "the illness". Unfortunately, my husband still is sick (he was a few days behind me in the course of things) and has shared the exact same symptoms.  I think my son is on his way out...and then my daughter woke up with it today.  AHHHHH.  I can only hope that our upcoming trip to FL will cure us all for good.

The other good news is that slowly but surely my hamstrings have started to feel better.  I wouldn't say they are at 100% yet but definitely improved over last week.  The tendon on top of my right foot is still bothersome, especially when I wear heels.

Monday Feb 6
Plan Says:  Easy 5 miles

What I did: 4 miles, treadmill 33:50 (8:27 pace) followed by Jasyoga for hips and glutes and the R8 roll recovery

Tuesday Feb 7
Plan Says: Off

What I did: 0 miles, R8 Roll Recovery

Wednesday Feb 8
Plan Says: easy 3 miles

What I did: 5.03 miles, 38:03 (7:34 avg) outside, R8 roll recovery

Thursday Feb 9
Plan Says: easy 3 miles

What I did: 4.2 miles, 35:50 (8:32 pace), Treadmill Run, Jasyoga for hips and glutes and the R8 roll recovery

Friday Feb 10
Plan Says: easy 5 miles

What I did: 3.5 miles, 25:22 (7:15 avg pace), outdoors

Saturday Feb 11
Plan Says: easy 5 miles

What I did:  9.07 miles, 1:10:13 (7:45 avg pace), outdoors

Earlier in the week, my sometimes running partner, B, and I made plans to meet for a run.  She is using the Advanced Hanson Marathon plan to train for Boston so we are not on the same weeks or intensity.  She had 15 miles to do and I had 9 so we did 9 together.  It was really a fun run, we did not push the pace (since long runs on Hanson are meant to be on the slower end of the pace continuum). It was fairly warm out, which was the first day in a pretty long stretch of milder weather we are expecting here in Wisconsin!

Sunday Feb 12
Plan says: off

What I did: off

I wanted to run 5 miles on Sunday.  I was going to have to get up early and do it before everyone in my house was awake to get it in because yesterday was JAM packed with travel and activities.  Given that my husband is in the narcoleptic phase of "the illness", we went to bed at 830 on Saturday night.  All was well until randomly our smoke alarm hooked up to our non-activated security system began going off sporadically all night long.  Hello being up from midnight to 3:30 AM.  Yep. Slept through the 5 AM alarm.  Given that I had already surpassed the mileage for this week, I wasn't too bent out of shape about it.

Weekly Total
Plan says: 21 miles
What I did: 25.8 miles

I was pleased with the week.  I tried to take it easy on all runs to give myself some recovery as I was also recovering from illness.  This upcoming week is the last week of the Hanson plan in the "easy" buildup phase before speed workouts and tempo runs start making a regular appearance.  I finally will break into the 30s for weekly mileage this week!

Weekly takeaways: 
1. Continue working on mobility from the hip down.  Jasyoga and R8 Roll Recovery have been a good combo.

2. Try to get into the habit of going to bed earlier.  In a few weeks when mileage ramps up, I am going to need it.

3. Hydrate!  My hydration has always always been subpar.

4.  Treadmill runs are SUPER easy to run at the pace I should be running at.  Just set the speed and go.  This is more difficult for me outdoors!

5.  My new goal during the workday is to walk the full set of stairs (8 flights) in my building down and up at least one time a day and focus on glute activation.

Podcasts:
I didn't listen to any podcasts last week.

1 comment:

  1. Good week and I like that you have takeaways from it. I like your goals of getting to bed early and staying hydrated. Not always easy to do but super important.

    ReplyDelete