Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2017

Cellcom Green Bay Marathon Week 6 Recap

This week started out really great and then sort of declined into a train wreck.  I had really crappy sleep this week, despite going to bed early.  My plan was to move things around so that I would get 5 of the 6 workouts done in WI, leaving a 4 mile run for the weekend in FL and an off day.
I am a decent vacation runner but am a little worried about getting all of the workouts done on our trip, 4 days of which will be on a ship.  Unfortunately due to the sleep situation, I didn't get out of bed Thursday or Friday morning as planned and thus had both 8 milers to do in FL over the weekend.  Not terrible, but not exactly great either given I have 6 more workouts to get in next week.  I knew when I made the decision to do the Hanson plan that it would be challenging to get it done during our annual FL trip.

In the meantime, here is my week 6 recap:

Monday Feb 20
Plan Says:  12 x 400, with 400 recovery and a 1 mile warm up and 1 mile cool down.  400s should be at 1:33

What I did:  1.05 mile warm up, 8:43.  I did this at 5 AM so the track was not open and I technically ran 12 x 0.25 mi.

1- 1:35
2- 1:36
3- 1:31
4- 1:29
5- 1:30
6- 1:30
7- 1:32
8- 1:32
9- 1:36
10- 1:32
11- 1:31
12- 1:31

My recovery 400s were in the 2:00-2:13 range.  1 mile cool down, 8:13.

This felt good.  I probably could have pushed myself more but am trying to start out by sticking to the suggested paces since I am using a 3:10 - 3:15 marathon goal pace to find my suggested pace in the Hanson's pace charts.  In anticipation of Tuesday's workout, I used the R8 Monday night.

Tuesday Feb 21
Plan Says: Off

What I did: 6.25 miles, 7:16 avg pace

One of the WI Oiselle Volee is running a crazy ultra race with some other Oiselle runners (including some elites).  She was doing a 10K time trial on Tuesday and trying to get 5- 10Ks in that day and looking for people to run with.  I offered her my 5 AM time slot and she took it.  It was fun to run with someone new and since I had a buddy, I felt comfortable leaving my 'hood and not doing the 5 AM loops.  I used this as my tempo run for the week, which was on the plan for Wednesday.  I was a little nervous about doing a tempo run right after a speed work session but my legs actually felt fine. Our avg pace was only a second slower than my prescribed tempo pace of 7:15 and felt good.

Wednesday Feb 22
Plan Says: 5 mile tempo run at 7:15

What I did:   4.78 miles.  Still running a day ahead here!  I got out at lunch during a 70 degree day and it was fabulous.  I really was working to keep my pace down but was still surprised at how fast it was when the miles beeped.

Thursday Feb 23
Plan Says: easy 4 miles

What I did:  Slept through my alarm.  I wanted to do an 8 miler this morning so that I would not have to do any long runs from this week in FL.  I don't remember I shutting my alarm off but I guess that is what I did.  I ended up doing a 4 miler before the bus arrived.   Correction:  I got in 3.8 miles before the bus arrived and because I am mother of the year, I made my daughter wait in the driveway where I could see her and ran small laps until I got to 4 miles.

4 miles, 30:38 (7:38 avg pace)

Friday Feb 24
Plan Says: easy 8 miles

What I did:  Off.  Again, alarm was set for 4:45 AM.  Given that I was awake from 12:30 - 3:30, I knew this was not going to happen.  It is what it is.

We left for FL on Friday afternoon!

Saturday Feb 25
Plan Says: easy 8 miles

What I did: 
8.12 miles, 1:00:52 (7:30 pace)
My first FL run was great, despite getting no sleep the night before. I was up at 6 and out the door before a full day of walking around the parks.

Sunday Feb 26
Plan says: Easy 4 miles

What I did:
8.06 miles, 1:04:34 (8:01 avg pace)
My legs were definitely tired for this but not hurting. I started speeding up unintentionally halfway through and really forced myself to go slow. Another beautiful FL morning and my last run through Celebration as we moved onto Fisney property tonight!

Weekly Total
Plan says: 39 miles
What I did: 39.12 miles

6 weeks of marathon training done!  My first week with speed and tempo was great. In fact this week is almost the same number of miles as my peak week pre-Boston. That is awesome and a little frightening as to what is ahead!!!  I love running fast! My workouts had to be rearranged but they were all done! Week 7 will be all on vacation, including a 10 mile run on a ship. Next week's recap promises to be interesting!

1 comment:

  1. Great week. I love the town of Celebration in FL! It's so cute.

    ReplyDelete