Pages

Friday, February 17, 2017

Friday Links!

It's been a while since I have posted some Friday Links!  Today's links are all about the DREADMILL!

I will admit that I am not a fan of treadmill running; however, I have come to see it as a way that makes it way easier to achieve a goal:  To get a run in.

We took the plunge and purchased a treadmill earlier this year.  I have used it several times when it was too dark/late to run outside.  Better yet, my husband, who is not a "runner", has used it several times to get some physical activity in.  I have come to appreciate the treadmill for giving me the ability to be able to consider running 5-6 days a week a reality and not a pipe dream.

That said...our weather forecast for the upcoming week looks INCREDIBLE!  We are talking temps in the 40s and 50s!!!!  I cannot wait.

1.  Treadmill tip of the week: How to Calibrate Your Treadmill
(For the record, I have not done this.)

2.  Another Salty Treadmill tip of the week:  How to teach yourself to pace

3. Don't Be Fooled: Treadmills are Miserable

4.  From the Treadmill to the Western States 100

Through their morning newsletter, Runner's World asking people to comment on treadmills.  Here were my two favorites:

At least for me, yeah, it sucks. But when I hear people say “Oh, I NEVER run on a treadmill,” I can’t help but feel like it comes from a place of privilege. I’m a female who works full time, and I often run after dark, alone. To feel safe, going to the gym and running on the treadmill is often my only option. And I love running more than I hate the treadmill. 
Jenise Anderson

My goal is to run, and if running inside lets me stay healthy, I’ll do it. To me, that’s the exact opposite of not valuing running for running’s sake. 
Jennie Coughlin

No comments:

Post a Comment