Pages

Monday, March 6, 2017

Cellcom Green Bay Marathon Training: Week 7 Recap

The week of vacation running wasn't perfect, but I did get in some good workouts and while I totally missed the mileage goal for the week, I am happy with it.  It turns out that cruising and marathon training are not ideal companions.  Also, while I did get many opportunities to nap on our vacation, my night sleep was terrible.  ARGH.

Monday Feb 27
Plan Says:  8 x 600, with 400 recovery and a 1 mile warm up and 1 mile cool down.  600s should be at 2:18

What I did:  1 mile warm up, 8:27.  I did this on our hotel property - so 600m = .37 miles

1- 2:22
2- 2:19
3- 2:14
4- 2:17
5- 2:14
6- 2:15
7- 2:15
8- 2:18

My recovery 400s were in the 2:09-2:27 range.
1 mile cool down, 8:16.

This was a hard workout coming off of 2 8 milers, 2 days of walking around Disney parks ALL DAY, and done in some HEAT.  I was glad to be done with it and glad my paces were not awful.

Tuesday Feb 28
Plan Says: Off

What I did: off

We hit up Epcot this day so while I did not run, I still got a lot of walking in.

Wednesday Mar 1
Plan Says: 5 mile tempo run at 7:15, with 1 mile warm up and cool down.

What I did:   1 mile warm up, 7:51.  5 tempo miles (7:03, 7:06, 7:13, 6:56, 7:08).  1.1 mile cool down, 8:06.  7.1 total miles, 52:16.

This was by far the hardest workout of vacation.  It was so hot and humid this morning and I rode the struggle bus, but got it done.

Thursday Mar 2
Plan Says: easy 4 miles

What I did:  4.11 miles, 34:43 (8:27 avg pace)

Got this done early morning before my in-laws came to our resort to pick us up for the Disney Cruise!

Friday Mar 3
Plan Says: easy 6 miles

What I did:  I think I did 6 miles.  I ran for 48 minutes so I'm calling that 6 miles.  I did this onboard the ship.  Theoretically, one can run around deck 4 of the ship 3 times to get a mile.  When I ran, the had closed off one curve of the "track" so I ended up running a "U" shape for 48 minutes.  HOLY BORING.  This was a mental workout for sure.  Physically I felt really good.

Saturday Mar 4
Plan Says: 10 miles at long run pace - 7:54 for me

What I did: 
Ran a 5K plus a .6 mile cool down.

Ok...so you've been reading the week and I have been nailing all of my workouts. I'm about to ruin it for you!

I debated over running this 5K for a few days.  This was the day we were going to be on Castaway Cay which features a beautiful beach.  I'll be honest: I didn't really want to sacrifice beach time to run.  I do like the Castaway Cay 5K, even though it is totally a "fun run".  This was the second time I have done this "race".  It was a good chance to get some miles in off the ship on a beautiful island.  I decided to do it and run relaxed - no racing.  I still ended up finishing in 19:25 and won it very easily. I got a cool medal and still got to hang with my family on the beach the whole day.  WIN.

Sunday Mar 5
Plan says: Easy 6 miles

What I did:
Nothing.

Unfortunately I did not realize that we had to get off the ship EARLY and you had to put your suitcases out the night before.  That nixed the idea of getting an early workout in.  Then after a full day of traveling with two very overtired kids and getting home later than expected, I was not about to hop on my treadmill at 9 PM, knowing that I had to get up at 4:45 for Monday's workout.

Weekly Total
Plan says: 39 miles
What I did: 27.6 miles (womp womp)

7 weeks of marathon training done!  I missed two workouts but I feel that it is early enough in the process that I will be fine.  Trust me.  That beach was worth it :)

1 comment:

  1. Great week! I think that running should take a back seat on vacation. You do it if you can, and if you can't- don't sweat it. Glad you had so much fun.

    ReplyDelete