Pages

Monday, May 8, 2017

Cellcom Green Bay Marathon Training: Week 16 Recap

To call last week a "busy" week, would be an understatement.  I am not saying this in a way to brag "Oh, I'm SOOOOOOO busy" but just stating the facts:
1. The hubs was out of town for 3 days on business,
2. It was teacher appreciation week for both kids (read: lots of baking/cooking/purchasing to be done),
3. A friend had a baby shower, and
4. My brother got married! 

I ended up using some PPL on Friday afternoon to finish up place cards for the wedding and get my run in.  I also used up my "get out of jail free" card on the plan.  When I started this plan, I shifted every workout one day earlier because it was going to be easier for me to do the longest runs on Saturdays versus Sundays for the bulk of the 18 weeks plan.  The plan finishes on a Sunday with the marathon.  So in moving everything up a day, I was going to have an extra day off plan.  It ended up being a godsend for Saturday, the day of the wedding.  Now for the remaining two weeks, I will be doing the workout on the original days prescribed.

Here's the detailed recap:

Monday May 1
Plan Says: 1 mile warm up, 4 x 1.5 mile repeats (pace: 7:05), 800 recovery, 1 mile cool down

What I Do:  Hello 4:30 AM alarm.  It was not raining, but not dry.  I felt decent during this which I was happy about after feeling like such a slug last week.

1 mile warm up: 8:33

1.5 miles, 10:13 (6:48 pace) / 0.5 miles recovery, 4:28 (8:53 pace)

1.5 miles, 10:00 (6:40 pace) / 0.5 miles recovery, 4:25 (8:49 pace)

1.5 miles, 10:08 (6:45 pace) / 0.5 mile recovery, 4:21 (8:41 pace)

1.5 miles, 10:00 (6:40 pace)

1.5 miles cool down, 12:43 (8:27 pace)

Total: 10 miles

Tuesday May 2
Plan Says: 0 miles

What I Do:  I had to flip flop Tuesday and Thursday as my husband was out of town on a business trip Wednesday - Friday this week and I would be solo parenting.  I was up at 5 to do 5 easy miles.

5 miles, 42:18 (8:16 avg pace)

Wednesday May 3
Plan Says: 1 mile warm up, 10 miles tempo (pace: 7:15), 1 mile cool down

What I Do:  I had to get up at 4 to get this done because my husband needed to leave at 6 AM sharp.  I already wrote about the fall that occurred on this run.

1 mile warm up: 8:25

10 miles tempo: 1:12:39 (7:15 avg pace on the nose!)

1.05 mile cool down: 8:29

Thursday May 4
Plan Says: 5 miles easy

What I Do:  0 miles.

Friday May 5
Plan Says: 8 miles easy

What I Do:  8 miles easy in the afternoon sun.  I was happy that I got this in prior to wedding festivities kicking off.  My hip and knee felt fine, my shoulder was a little tender but that didn't affect my run.

8 miles, 1:01:18 (7:40 avg pace)

Saturday May 6
Plan Says: 10 miles, 7:54 pace

What I Do:   I knew this run wouldn't happen, but JUST IN CASE everything went perfectly, I brought running clothes along to my mom's house (where we stayed Friday night).  Unfortunately, a late bedtime + a son that didn't sleep more than 20 minutes at a time + having to be at the salon at 8 AM did not equal getting this done.  Get out of jail free card - USED. :)

Sunday May 7
Old Plan Says: 7 miles easy

What I Do:  Saturday's workout became Sunday's.  Unfortunately while taking my dress off the night before I noticed that the left side of my torso (on my rib cage) felt strained.  Thus, every left step of this run was uncomfortable and post-run was pretty terrible.  Hoping some advil + Epsom salt bath helps.

10 miles, 1:17:47 (7:46 avg)

Weekly Mileage
Plan says: 52 miles
What I did: 45.12 miles


Sleep Data
I lost 3 days of data because of being out of town for my brother's wedding and Wi-fi issues.  This is probably good because I don't even know if I would want to see the sleep data for Friday night!

Average amount of sleep:  7.3 hours
Average sleep score: 79

60% deep sleep, 36% medium, 3% light.

Podcasts
I listened to Carrie Tollefson interview Shalane Flanagan, Emma Coburn and Tina Muir as well as Real Talk Radio Nicole Antoinette interview Angela Dumlao.

Less than two weeks until race day!

1 comment:

  1. Wow- that is a lot of deep sleep. You are really lucky! It's amazing how you fit all of this training into your crazy week. It's great that you had a "get out of jail free" card incorporated into your training.

    ReplyDelete