Pages

Monday, May 7, 2018

Grandma's Marathon Training: Week 12 Recap

Disclaimer:  I am running Grandma's Marathon in June as a BibRave Pro, which means my entry fee was covered for me. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador) and check out BibRave.com to review, find, and write race reviews!  

Another week down.  Generally it was an ok week.  My strength workout was a bit of a bust, but I got through 3/4 of it.    I had a great tempo run and a beautiful long run and I am pleased with both.

I ended April with 193.75 miles.  Woohoo!  Strava tells me this is 25 hours and 3 minutes of my month spent running.  I haven't ever looked at my Strava stats before and it is kind of fun. 

I didn't manage to get up very early on any days except Friday and Saturday.  Work and kids required some switcheroos which is always challenging but the important thing is that the work got done.

Sunday, April 29
Plan Says:  Easy 5 miles

What I did:  5.1 miles, 40:40 (7:58 avg pace)

Monday, April 30
Plan Says: 4 x 1.5 mile, with 800 meter recovery in between and 1 mile warm up and cool down

What I did:  I had to do this at night because I slept in, and was not able to get out of work early to get this done.  I started before my kids had soccer and the plan was to end at soccer practice.  It was the first hot day of the year (77 degrees), I was not well hydrated and just felt awful.  I cut it short both because I was not feeling great and because I ran out of time.  I also ran the first two way too fast - my goal pace for these strength workouts is 6:42. 

1.0 mile warm up, 7:55.2

1.  1.50 mile, 9:24.4 (6:16 avg pace) / recovery: 0.50 miles,  4:12.0 (8:27 avg pace)
2.  1.50 mile, 9:25.4 (6:17 avg pace) / recovery: 0.50 miles,  4:13.6 (8:28 avg pace)
3.  1.50 mile, 9:49.3 (6:32 avg pace) /

1.55 mile cool down, 13:09 (8:28 avg pace)

Tuesday, May 1
Plan Says: Off

What I did: Off

Wednesday, May 2
Plan Says: 9 mile tempo, 1 mile warm up and cool down

What I did:  Again, I slept in and had a happy hour send-off for my boss after work so I knew better than to attempt a tempo run so I switched up the Thursday and Wednesday runs.

5.2 miles, 40:44 (7:50 avg pace)

Thursday, May 3
Plan Says: easy 5 miles

What I did: I left work a little early to get my tempo run in before the bus.

1 mile warm up, 7:54.6
9 miles tempo, 1:00:35 (6:44 avg) Mile splits: 6:44, 6:43, 6:54, 6:41, 6:46, 6:47, 6:38, 6:47, 6:33
1 mile cool down, 8:08.2

I felt great during this.  Part of it was excitement due to wearing the Nike Vaporfly 4% shoes that I spent my birthday money on, and part of it was the beautiful weather.

Friday, May 4
Plan Says: easy 8 miles

What I did:  First early morning run of the week! 8 miles, 1:07:07 (8:23 avg pace)

Saturday, May 5
Plan says: long 10 miles

What I did: We took our kids to Madison, WI for a long weekend so I planned on getting up early while they were sleeping to get this run in.  It was a perfect morning weather wise and I enjoyed running along Lake Monona. 

10 miles, 1:18:13 (7:48 avg pace)

Weekly Total
Plan says: 49 miles
What I did: 47.4 miles

1 comment:

  1. My partner and i paucity you to definitely bemoan to your display with this fantastic prophesy!!! My partner and i undeniably variation numerous display iota from it amongs My partner and i bring in an individual saved in order to avoid away little coverlet of your respective weblog some sort of invent examine weblog!! buy royal jelly

    ReplyDelete