Pages

Monday, January 8, 2018

First Few Miles of 2018

I started to feel a little off on New Years Eve and haven't really rebounded.  Sinus issues, sore throat, the usual upper respiratory virus here.  Argh.  Today is day 8 of symptoms that appear to be worsening.  ARGH.

Additionally, like the rest of the country, Wisconsin had a long cold spell that, thankfully, ended yesterday.  I joined the Lululemon 4080 challenge on Strava and for that sole reason, I still tried to run outside. (Treadmill miles do not count for the challenge.) Thankfully, all I had to deal with were cold temperatures - no ice or snow.  And honestly, it didn't feel that awful at all.  I ran during the "hottest" part of the day usually and covered every inch of skin.  I usually cannot breathe through gaiters very well, but I am in love with the Buff Thermonet I purchased and may have to purchase a few more.

As I have mentioned a few times, I am starting to get bored without an actual plan to follow so I am going to follow the Stride Into the Gu Year plan for the next 5 weeks.  I have used these another mother runner plans before while I was in between marathon/half-marathon plans and I like them because they get me to do more strength work than I usually do (which is none).  Day 1 of marathon training will be Sunday February 11 so starting yesterday, I began counting Sundays as my Day 1 for weekly mileage.  Thus, this week's recap is a little short because it only contains 6 days.

I also have a new pair of running shoes!  I am testing the Under Armour HOVR shoe through BibRave Pro.

Monday, January 1
0 miles
I took the day off because I felt sick after feeling a sore throat take over the night before. Also it was freezing cold.  Little did I know that both of those things would continue for the entire week.

Tuesday, January 2
5 miles, 38:41 (7:53 avg pace)
This was my kids last day of winter break and so they were at my in-law's house which means that they do not get home until later and thus, I was able to log a whole 5 miles after work.

Wednesday, January 3
0 miles
Still not feeling great so took another day off.

Thursday, January 4
6.2 miles, 46:23 (7:29 avg pace)
I wanted to get a few faster miles in as I have a relay coming up on February 10 so I tried pushing the pace during the middle of this "runch". 

Friday, January 5
5 miles, 36:29 (7:17 avg pace)
I have no excuse as to why this was faster than usual. 

Saturday, January 6
7.1 miles, 54:14 (7:38 avg pace)
I was grateful to get a long-ish run in, although had to move the gaiter a lot to clear snot and phlegm. 

Six Day Total = 23.3 miles

1 comment:

  1. I hope you have started to feel better by now. You always do a great job keeping up with regular running!

    ReplyDelete