Pages

Monday, January 15, 2018

More of the Same

I can't even explain last week.  It was not a good one by any stretch.  Three members of my household were cycling through illness, and one of them was me.  I left work on Wednesday morning, after my colleagues were like WHY are you here, and, after some hours of rotting on my couch, threw in the towel and went to the doctor.  She prescribed me some antibiotics for a sinus infection which immediately started wrecking havoc on my digestive system.

I started a new drug cocktail, that slowly but surely kept me alive through the weekend.  Every 12 hours I was taking Mucinex DM with my antibiotic and then every 4 hours I was taking Tylenol. 

I am on day 15 of this superbug and finally...FINALLY I am seeing a light at the end of the tunnel.  I am looking forward to having a healthy day of 2018 maybe this week.  We will see.

Until then, pass the tissues.

My goal last week was to complete the lululemon 40|80 Strava challenge.  I went on one fantastic long run mid-week because I was working from home and the weather was in the 50s.  I didn't feel that great at the start but I ended up taking a meandering route and keeping a consistent pace that still felt easy and what do you know.  I ended up back home with a 9 mile run.  I completed the challenge with Saturday's run and took yesterday completely off.  I took a two hour nap.  Drank lots of tea.  We changed out of our pajamas to go to church, got home, and changed back into our pajamas.  We made cookies, did paraffin hand spas and watched a movie.  And then I went to bed early.   Total #restdaybrags

Sunday January 7
5.35 miles, 40:42 (7:37 avg pace)

Monday, January 8
0 miles
I took the day off thinking a day of rest would help me kick the crud.  It didn't work.

Tuesday, January 9
4.11 miles, 31:20 (7:38 avg pace)

Wednesday, January 10
0 miles
Finally went to the doctor, started antibiotics

Thursday, January 11
9 miles, 1:11:59 (8:00 avg pace)
This was a great run.  I wasn't worried about getting back home in time for anything, I just plugged in my podcast and kept putting one foot in front of the other, stopping to expel some phlegm and shoot some snot rockets every so often.

Friday, January 12
3.2 miles, 24:50 (7:46 avg pace)
I did this as dinner was in our pressure cooker.  I just wanted to chip away at the remaining miles I needed for the Strava challenge.  It was so cold outside, I just kept telling myself "An easy 5k...you can do an easy 5k."

Saturday, January 13
5.21 miles, 40:27 (7:46 avg pace)
I needed an 8K to complete the challenge so that is what I set out to do.  This run was a bit miserable, but it did feel good to get out for a bit.

Weekly Total: 26.87 miles

I had wanted to start building up weekly mileage in January, but at this point, I feel like the best decision would be to get healthy and strong before I have to start marathon training in mid-February for Grandma's Marathon.  I am really getting excited to put in some hard work again!

No comments:

Post a Comment