Pages

Monday, January 29, 2018

Last Week's Mileage

We had some great weather at the end of the week - I ran in shorts two days in a row.  Alas, it snowed again yesterday so back to the cold.  Such a crazy January here - temps all over the place from negative teens up to 50s.  That is quite a swing!

It was a pretty standard week for us.  My weekly mileage, which has been hovering around 25 for 3 months now, was enough to put me over the 100 mile mark for January.

Sunday January 21
0 miles
I'm going to be honest - I was slightly hungover all day this day.  We had a retirement party (because I guess we're old now) the night before and it was super fun so I had a little too much to drink.  The only physical activity I had was going bowling with my family.

Monday, January 22
3.3 miles, 30:00 (9:05 avg pace)
We got the kids to bed and my husband also wanted to run so he took the first turn on the treadmill.  I got dressed to head outside.  I was putting my shoes on when I realized it was sleeting outside.  Yeah - sleet + dark = no thanks.  I took my own turn on the dreadmill.  It was a struggle to get to 30 minutes.

Tuesday, January 23
4.0 miles, 31:41 (7:55 avg pace)
Beat the bus!  Had just enough time to get this short run in after work before my daughter arrived home.  I strapped on the yaktrax to get a pretty snowy run in.

Wednesday, January 24
0 miles
A bit of a crazy day.  I am completely out of the habit of waking up early to run, instead relying on the "beat the bus" strategy.  I had to take my son to the doctor in the early afternoon for immunizations, then pick my daughter up from school and then some extra errands.  No running.

Thursday, January 25
6.2 miles, 49:43 (8:01 avg pace)
I got up early!  Even though I stayed up later than usual the night before!  It felt good to be back to the morning run, even though I was hearing some weird animal noises that were freaking me out.

Friday, January 26
6.2 miles, 46:21 (7:28 avg pace)
I left work a tad early so I could get a longer "beat the bus" run in.  I was pleased that I got in a 10K.

Saturday, January 27
3.47 miles, 26:24 (7:37 avg pace)
4.0 miles, 31:08 (7:47 avg pace)
7.47 miles total
My husband took our kids to the high school tennis courts since it was such a nice day out so I took the scenic route to the courts to watch them for a bit and then took the scenic route back home - thus the broken up run.  This run was hard for me.  Despite being warm, it was very windy.  And I have lost the ability to run a slower pace outside, which is something I will again have to get good at to survive another round of Hanson's marathon training (start date: Feb 11!!!!).

Weekly Total: 27.17 miles

1 comment:

  1. It must have felt awesome to run in shorts. Nice week and your Hansons plan starts soon!!

    ReplyDelete