Pages

Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Turn the Beat Around

Last week started out with a monster rest day as I was still feeling ill and then ended on a high note.  I finished my course of antibiotics and definitely started feeling better.  FINALLY.  I do still have a lot of phlegm that I am dealing with which is annoying, but nice to see a light at the end of the tunnel.

I was happy to manage to hit the 25 mile mark this week despite all self-discipline going out the window.  The early days of this week were SQUEEZING runs in where I could which is a strategy that worked but I don't enjoy.  Also, I am not going to be able to rely so much on that once marathon training starts.  Part of me is like, "I should enjoy this down time and not worry about it" and the other part of me know that it is hard to get back into habits once they totally break down.

In other news, I found out that I am a Balega ambassador for the second year in a row!  I liked this ambassador program last year and I love Balega socks so I decided to apply again.  Very excited to represent again!
And now it's time for the mileage breakdown:

Sunday January 14
0 miles Rest Day

Monday, January 15
3.15 miles, 25:17 (8:02 avg pace)
After weeks of very cold weather with no snow, it snowed this day!  I strapped on my Yaktrax and headed out.  I think it is so fun to run in a snowfall...and pretty!

Tuesday, January 16
4.01 miles, 29:13 (7:18 avg pace)

Wednesday, January 17
0 miles

Thursday, January 18
4.01 miles, 30:39 (7:39 avg pace)

Friday, January 19
6.6 miles, 50:59 (7:43 avg pace)
My kids didn't have school so they were at my husband's aunt's house, which meant that I had a good 2 hours after work before they were going to be home.  I definitely took advantage.

Saturday, January 20
7.43 miles, 1:00:20 (8:08 avg pace)
In early February, I am again doing the Indoor Marathon Relay at the Petitt National Ice Center here in Milwaukee.  Our Oiselle WI leader organized a few practices beforehand and this was one of them.  My Garmin does not work on the indoor track so I usually try to count laps.  Unfortunately, I forgot to start counting laps because I was talking to some other women while doing some easy running as a warm up.  Luckily I was wearing my HOVR Under Armour running shoes which track distance on their own.  The beginning of the data is a little ugly because I was wearing them to do some demo videos for the relay and then some start and stopping so my first "mile" in them is 12:05 avg pace.  However, after I started running "for real" I was actually running pretty quickly, even managing a sub-7 mile.  I tried doing 1 fast lap followed by 2 rest laps since I haven't done any formal speed workouts in a LOOOONG time.

Weekly Total: 25.19 miles

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on being an ambassador! And it's good that you are finally starting to feel better.

    ReplyDelete