Pages

Monday, February 26, 2018

Grandma's Marathon Training Week 2

Disclaimer:  I am running Grandma's Marathon in June as a BibRave Pro, which means my entry fee was covered for me. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador) and check out BibRave.com to review, find, and write race reviews!  

I had a great week of running.  I wrote in my training journal "RUN SIX DAYS".  That was my goal - to only take one day off and I did it!

I was not able to do any morning runs this week because we got so many days of rain, which combined with below freezing temps overnight made for icy mornings.  This meant a lot of RACING home from work and trying to squeeze the run in before the bus came.

I also had a birthday this week.  The big 3-7.  No age group change for me.

Sunday, February 18
Plan Says:  Off.

What I did:  Ran!  It has been a while since I ran on a Sunday, but it felt good.
5.15 miles, 39:49 (7:44 avg pace)

Monday, February 19
Plan Says: 3 miles easy

What I did: Off

Tuesday, February 20
Plan Says: Off

What I did:  4.25 miles on the treadmill after work.  Unfortunately it was pouring rain so treadmill it was.  36:31 (8:35 avg pace)

Wednesday, February 21
Plan Says: easy 3 miles

What I did: Another run after work.  I left a little early from work so I could get a few more minutes on my legs.
4.65 miles, 34:56 (7:31 avg pace)

Thursday, February 22
Plan Says: easy 3 miles

What I did:  Another run after work.
5.0 miles, 38:45 (7:44 avg pace)

Friday, February 23
Plan Says: easy 3 miles

What I did:  You guessed it - post-work run.
4 miles, 31:00 (7:44 avg pace)

Saturday, February 24
Plan says: easy 4 miles

What I did:  8 miles, 1:01:51 (7:44 avg pace)
It felt good to get back to a bit longer run on Saturday.  My daughter is taking a life-skills/stage acting class on Saturday mornings, right in the middle of the morning.  My kids also had big plans for breakfast in bed to celebrate my birthday so that meant no early morning run for me.  Thankfully, the class is an hour long so my husband dropped my daughter and me off at the arts center and I ran while she was in class and the boys did the grocery shopping.  I got a long-ish run in AND I didn't have to grocery shop.  I don't know how I managed that win-win situation, but there it is. :)

Weekly Total
Plan says: 16 miles
What I did: 31.07 miles baby!  YES.  This is the first 30+ mile week I have had since October.

No comments:

Post a Comment